New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I change my mind more often than...

...my underwear - almost!

I can't be bothered to go back and count how many times i have said 'i have a plan' but here goes number 465th time. I have a plan!  I used the Runners World template and modified it a bit. I like what i see. Running 4 days at the most and alternating tempo and speed weekly. It seems feasible, i have good recovery time between hard runs and if i want, i can cycle or do other cross training as i feel like it. 

I did my long run this morning, 6.2 miles in 1:05:12 avg pace 10:45. The first 3 miles were tough on my calves then they eased off and didn't bother me. Not sure why but i'm glad they got better. To keep my pace slow enough, like i'm supposed to be running them-between 10:30 and 11:30-i when i thought i was speeding up i'd sing to my ipod so i kept a conversational pace. It really worked, though it also made me get some odd looks, i was running a really busy wide path round the beach, during the school holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...