New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Giddy about my Future

I can't tell you how excited i am about moving to Oswestry.  Every time i think of something to search for in the area i get an answer that is better than i had hopes for.

A few things i have looked up

  • Kayaking
  • White water kayaking
  • Trails and hiking
  • Triathlon clubs and events
  • Bowling (the ten pin variety)
  • Swimming
  • Fishing (for Jeff)
  • Houses
  • Markets
  • Cycling 
It has it all I tell you!!  There are 3 markets a week and a farmers market every month.  I love market towns and Oswestry fits the bill nicely.  The population is about 15,000 which feels just right for what we were looking for. A town feel but so close to all the activities that living in the great British countryside brings.  We are 15 minutes from the white water rafting in Wales.  I can take my kayak out on the rivers around us. Jeff can fish on the rivers and on lakes just 15 minutes away.  I can cycle to Wales!!  Snowdonia is an hour away with great hiking, and camping.  Running trails will be easy, i my not even have to get in a car to do so.  If we live 'in' Oswestry, then the farthest away my work will be is 3 miles, so i can cycle in to work, or even walk depending!   Houses are reasonable and we will definitely be able to afford one with a big garden so we can grow veggies.

I think the thing i'm most excited about is the Tri club, the reasonably priced swimming pool, the running in the countryside and on trails and the kayaking, oh yeah and cycling.  Hmm so all the outdoor activity stuff then.  

And, of course the most amazing potential for photography.

I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...