New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Monday, September 27, 2010

My kind of Weather

This morning when i woke up, it was raining windy and what appeared to be cold.  There was a haze over the town.  This is what Americans think our weather is like all the time.  Regardless of what mother nature does, i still have to run but was not looking forward to it.  As i sat eating my breakfast looking out on a typical autumn day i had to remind myself that when i started running it was in the freezing temperatures of Wisconsin's winter.  I believe i ran when it was negative10C (15F) so a meek little blustery English autumn day should be nothing. 

I donned my running tights, running skirt, a tech T, wool beanie and my windbreaker and headed out.  It was LOVELY.  The dampness in the air was nice, the wind cool but not cold.  I took my hat off after 5 minutes.  As i climbed Olivers Mount my view was restricted to maybe 100feet on the road.  It felt really good to be running.  The air smelled sweet and fresh and felt i was running on clouds. It didn't even bother my that Sally died after .98miles.  I ran my usual 3 so didn't really need her anyway.

In general i prefer autumn and winter clothes.  I always have.  I like to wrap up. Love leather gloves and woolly hats.  I've never been a scarf person, but I'm slowly changing that. I have missed wearing my down body warmer, i love the cozy pockets and that i can carry things without a bag. Its great to run in, i can carry a phone and camera and not even notice it.  I am truly looking forward to Autumn in the UK for the first time in 7 years.

Bring on running tights, chunky warming soup and leather gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...