New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Best Bits

We all have parts of our bodies we don't like and i hope we all have parts we do.  My problem areas are my bum and thighs. typical women areas. My belly gets fat too, but i have felt ok about it in the past, in fact right now, it doesn't bother me too much, but never in my life have i been okay with my thighs.  Not once have i looked at them and thought, you're not so bad.

But lets not dwell on those parts today. Today was a good day.  Today i noticed definition in my deltoids and triceps. Like real clear definition.  It was during spin class and we were stood up on our bikes. There are mirrors in front of us and there they were, flaunting themselves at me, all defined and shit. I could hardly take my eyes off them!

I have always liked my upper body. I have strong square shoulders, actually a little broad, but they don't look too big or anything.  And i have always admired that area on other women and men. I like basketball players and swimmers, those are body types i swoon over. Long lean arms, long torsos.  So to have actual definition, to see what i have always longed for was joyous.  I'm totally stoked.  The weird thing is, i still have that slight under arm wobble, you know the bingo wing wobble, but to a much lesser degree.  Does that ever go away? What are your best bits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...