New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

After my successful run on thusday I decided to go out again on Friday morning too. My aim was to do four miles again but I also wanted to push myself a little harder. I donned Sally and hit the streets at 6:35am. I really tried not to look at my pace or time and just run. When I got to the end of the road I decided to run on the beach, I new it would be harder and I was interested to see what my heart rate would be like. I pushed it to the end of the sand and turned back. I ran on sand for about 3/4 mile between mile 2 and 3. At 3.5 I was really tired, hungry and thirsty. So I decided to walk the last half mile home. I don't like to give up on a mileage goal but it was so hot and I was so thirsty. I knew I had done well but I couldn't do the math, my brain was a noodle still.

So I was thrilled when I hooked Sally up to find not only I had a fantastic pace, faster than I thought I could maintain in the heat, but I had negative splits as well! I always have positive ones as I start off too fast but today was different. I want more of these days.
My awesome splits
10:06
9:56
9:49
4:48 (keeping that pace would have been 9:36)
7:56 walking last 1/2 mile.


Two thumbs up.

We are heading way up north to Chiang Rai tomorrow, we were expecting it to get cooler as we moved north but I looked and it's going to be even hotter, in the 100's. Not too happy about that. Still may try to do more Thai boxing though, taking more than 1/2 litre of water this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...