New to Triathlons, New to Shropshire. An Orthotist tracks her training with a love of spreadsheets, graphs, photos and prose.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Holy Humid Hell

Reclining Budda

Dropping coins in all these pots for good luck
 I have managed one run here in Bangkok, and i don't foresee me doing another one. I got up at 6.45 to see that it was 77degF and 92% humidity. I know that humidity makes me sweat like a pig, but i didn't know it would make me so slow. I managed 4.2 miles in 44 minutes. I ran the loop we walked so i wouldn't get lost but i had to do 6K for the run for water and it was only 3.2 miles. So i started the loop again. On the second pass of a little cafe full of local men sipping tea, one of them stood up and applauded me. *blush* It was cute and i managed a smile in his direction. It made that little extra mile worth it.

Mother of pearl toes.
And i thought i had big feet!
We are moving on to Vietnam on Friday and its forecast to be in the 60s and 70s - Holla! I can run every day and at any time of day!! YeeHaa! Though i actually intend to get up to run at 6am so i can run past the folks doing their Tai-chi on the banks of Hoan Kiem Lake. Just round the corner from our guest house. But just the once, than i will run at maybe 7 or even 8am!

Have a good day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear your thoughts...